The Friends of South Park – Who We Are
We are a group of volunteers committed to improving South Park for park goers of all ages. We hold numerous fundraisers and activities throughout the year. Some of our most popular activities are: Annual Golf Outing; Save the Game Preserve Easter Egg Hunt; Wine Tasting, Oldies Dance, and Light Up Night.
Our meetings are open to the public and we are always looking for new members who are committed to improving the park or have suggestions for future projects.
Meetings are held the third Wednesday of the following months: February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November. The Council meets at 7:00 pm at the South Park Buffalo Inn. activities, as well as others, help to fund improvements throughout the park.
Past gifts to the park from the Friends have included:
- A 20 station fitness trail around the the park’s gazebo and pond
- Three cement checker and chess table and chairs
- Kiosk for park announcements on Corrigan Drive
- Lighted water fountains at the Gazebo and at the Game Preserve
- Installation of a Bocce court and horseshoe pits on Edgebrook field
- Purchase of Four park benches